"We were so excited to be having another baby, but also feared we would end up in the NICU again. And, when I was 26 weeks, they admitted me. We knew we needed to get our baby boy out in a safe manner without it being an emergency, so I gave birth to him at 30 weeks."
Whether you’re preparing to care for a newborn with complex needs, or unexpectedly find your baby headed to the NICU, our specialists will be by your side. Our neonatologists, pediatric neurologists, surgeons, specialty-trained nurses and specialists in every pediatric subspecialty will all work together to ensure the highest level of care for your baby. You can count on us to be with you during every step of your baby’s journey toward going home.
Why Choose Us For Your Baby’s Critical Care
- We treat newborns who need intensive and critical care in our 84-bed, Level 4 NICU, one of only a few in Southern California. This is the highest designation you can receive meaning we can provide the most complex care.
- In addition to neonatologists, your baby will have access to a comprehensive, multidisciplinary team of neonatal specialists.
- Our NeuroNICU works with pediatric neurologists to diagnose, treat and monitor babies neurologic injuries or disorders. We also focus on neuroprotective care for all babies in the NICU.
- The Small Baby Unit provides highly specialized care to babies born before 30 weeks.
- You and your baby get access to the latest research advancements and may participate in research studies and clinical trials you aren’t likely to find anywhere else in the region.
High Risk Infant Follow-up Clinic
If your baby is born prematurely or with complications, he or she may be at risk for developmental delays.
Our doctors and nurses will follow your baby after discharge to ensure proper growth and development and provide therapies and treatments as needed.
Neonatal Transport Team
If your baby needs a higher level of care, specially trained nurses ensure your baby is safely transported to the NICU at Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital. Our team is available 24/7 to provide medical, nursing and respiratory care while bringing your baby to our hospital. We serve San Bernardino, Riverside, Mono and Inyo counties and sometimes travel out of state.