Your patients are important to you, and we know it takes a great deal of trust to recommend a specialty care provider.
When you refer your patient, you can be confident knowing it’s our priority to provide advanced services to moms and babies, and to serve as a resource for maternal and newborn healthcare providers throughout the region.
How do I refer a patient?
- For referrals call: 800-872-1212
- For high-risk pregnancy referrals call: 909-651-5977
- For neonatal transport referrals call: (888) 393-NICU(6428)
Fax: 909-558-0739 or 909-558-0384
Your patient may qualify for a consult or care from a perinatologist if she or her baby have any number of pre-existing or pregnancy-related conditions, such as:
- Heart disease
- Pulmonary disease
- Fetal anomalies
- Fetal arrhythmia
- Repeated miscarriage
- Pregnant with triplets or greater
- Other high-risk conditions
We thoroughly screen each referral we receive to determine the appropriate plan of care and do not automatically accept patients based on the referral. It is very important that prenatal care is continued until it is determined that the patient qualifies for high risk care AND is scheduled with one of our physicians. Patients should not be directed to contact our office prior to receiving the determination of acceptance.
Neonatal Transport Referral
If your newborn patient needs a higher level of care, our specially trained neonatal transport team is available 24/7 to provide medical, nursing and respiratory care while transporting the baby to the NICU at Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital.
Call our NICU Transport Team Transfer Center (888) 393-NICU(6428)
Please have the following information available:
- Facility name
- Name of referring physician
- Best phone number for the referring physician
- General patient information: Name, gender, date and time of birth, gestational age, weight
- Purpose of the transport/consult
- Chief diagnosis