Our doctors, nurses and board-certified genetic counselors provide routine and advanced testing to monitor you and your baby throughout your pregnancy. When early tests show signs of a problem, more comprehensive testing is available, from ultrasound to genetic studies. If needed, you and your partner can meet with a genetic counselor, who educates you about your test results.View Services
Our world-renowned specialists are here to help you plan for your baby’s arrival. Whether you’re in need of guidance through a healthy pregnancy and delivery or require high-risk services for more complex maternal and fetal conditions, we are by your side every step of the way.
Why Choose Us for Mother & Baby Care
- Our Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is the largest in the region with the highest designation possible.
- As the first Baby Friendly children’s hospital in the U.S., we support breastfeeding for all newborns.
- We are among the top 10 percent in California for low C-section rates.
- With all the resources of an academic medical center, we give you access to the latest medical advances and technologies.
- Our doctors and nurses are specially-trained, highly experienced experts in all aspects of mother and baby care, from the first stages of pregnancy through infancy.
- Because we believe that caring for you means more than healing your body, we also support you emotionally and spiritually.
Comprehensive Care for Mom & Baby
Specialized care is available from our maternal-fetal medicine experts if you or your baby experience complications during pregnancy, or if your pregnancy is considered high-risk due to existing health conditions such as diabetes, hypertension or tobacco use. If your baby shows signs of a genetic condition or other disorder before birth, our doctors work with you to create a plan for the rest of your pregnancy and for your baby’s care during and after delivery.View Services
If problems arise during your pregnancy, during delivery or after birth, you and your baby are in good hands—our Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) cares for premature babies and those with the most complex health issues. And, after graduating from the NICU, your baby will continue to receive care through our high-risk infant clinic.View Services
"After six weeks in the NICU, we’re thrilled to have our baby home. But during that stressful time, it felt like family taking care of us."