Our Mother & Baby services provide the full spectrum of care to residents occupying more than one-fourth the land mass of California.
Whether your pregnancy is routine or complicated, our doctors and nurses are by your side, providing testing,obstetric care and education so that you and your baby are as healthy and enjoy a positive and safe birth experience.
As an academic medical center, our team brings more than a quarter-century of expertise in caring for newborns, infants and families in the region.
While most pregnancies go smoothly, our maternal-fetal specialists are available if problems arise. These doctors work with you and experts from every pediatric specialty to minimize complications and plan for a healthy baby.
If your baby requires advanced care, our Intensive and Critical Care services are second to none. The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is one of the largest and most advanced in the region. As a Level 4 tertiary NICU, we care for the sickest and littlest babies with complex needs
When you come to Loma Linda University Children’s Health for mother and baby care, you can expect to be treated like family.
We provide health services with compassion to address both you and your family’s physical, spiritual and emotional needs.
We care for our community’s mothers and babies at two locations:
- Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital in Loma Linda
- Loma Linda University Medical Center - Murrieta
Our maternity and infant care services are recognized by many agencies and organizations, including:
- 1 of 10 children’s hospitals in the U.S. to receive the Leapfrog Top Hospital Award for patient safety and quality
- Awarded state honor roll status for low C-section rate from California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative
- Named a center of distinction for maternity care by Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Our OB/GYN team is nationally recognized by U.S News and World Report
Meet Our People
Courtney B. Martin
Medical Director, Maternity Services
“We want pregnant moms and families to think of us for everything. We do the full spectrum of care. We do high-risk really well, and we also provide great care for low-risk mothers and babies. Being at an academic medical center is a plus. Most of the time, things go right. If they don’t, you want to be where the resources allow for the best care possible.”View Profile