Our experts care for mothers and babies in a service area covering 25% of California. We’re here to provide you and your baby the full spectrum of care, including:
- Comprehensive maternity care: Whether your pregnancy is routine or complicated, our doctors and nurses are by your side. Our teams at the San Manuel Maternity Pavilion provide testing, obstetric care and education so that you and your baby stay healthy all the way through labor and delivery.
- Prenatal care: While most pregnancies go smoothly, our maternal-fetal specialists are available if problems arise. These doctors work with you and experts from every pediatric specialty to minimize complications and plan for a healthy baby.
- Intensive and critical care: If your baby requires advanced care, our intensive and critical care services are second to none. Nearly 50% of births in our hospital are classified as high-risk. As a Level 4 tertiary NICU (neonatal intensive care unit), we care for the sickest and smallest babies with complex needs.
- Innovative care: As an academic medical center, we’ve trained pediatric health professionals in the latest treatments for decades. Our researchers and experts have pioneered treatments that save children’s lives around the world.
- Compassionate care: When you come to us for mother and baby care, you can expect to be treated like family. We provide health services with compassion to address both you and your family’s physical, spiritual and emotional needs.
San Manuel Maternity Pavilion
The San Manuel Maternity Pavilion builds upon the award-winning maternity care our hospital is known for. Spanning the entire fifth floor of our Children’s Hospital expansion tower, the pavilion provides moms and babies comprehensive pregnancy, labor and delivery care. You’ll find all the services you need and amenities you deserve, including expanded access to care, private patient rooms, a well-baby nursery and much more.
Our maternity and infant care services are recognized by many agencies and organizations, including:
- The Leapfrog Group: We’ve received Leapfrog’s Top Hospital Award for patient safety and quality — awarded to only 10 children’s hospitals in the U.S each year.
- California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative: Our hospital was awarded state honor roll status for low C-section rate.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: We were named a center of distinction for maternity care.
- U.S News and World Report: Our OB-GYN care was nationally recognized as high-performing.
Along with providing excellent patient-centered care, we're committed to excellence in maternal-fetal medicine with the important work of our Perinatal Institute. The institute is home to Maternity Services and also involved in conducting ongoing research and clinical trials to find new methods of diagnosing and treating:
- Pregnancy complications
- Fetal development problems
- Delivery complications
- Newborn health problems
- Issues facing new mothers (including post-partum depression)
With our comprehensive, family-centered services and research on new treatments, we're proud to serve moms and babies in our region with the high-quality care they deserve.
Meet Our People
Courtney B. Martin
Medical Director, Maternity Services
“We want pregnant moms and families to think of us for everything. We do the full spectrum of care. We do high-risk really well, and we also provide great care for low-risk mothers and babies. Being at an academic medical center is a plus. Most of the time, things go right. If they don’t, you want to be where the resources allow for the best care possible.”View Profile