At Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital, we care for mothers and their children, even before they are born, with our award winning, high-quality maternity services.
No matter the type of birth (vaginal or cesarean) or choice for un-medicated birth or medicine for pain management, our board-certified obstetricians and anesthesiologists provide all the support you need for a safe labor and delivery and are available 24/7.
With more than 3,000 babies delivered each year, our center has the experience you can count on and a mother, baby and family-centered approach you can trust.
Why Choose Us For Your Baby’s Delivery
- We’re recognized by Blue Cross Blue Shield as being among the best in the state for maternity care.
- Our c-section delivery rate for first-time moms (NTSV) is on the state honor roll.
- If you need a cesarean, we have clear drapes, skin to skin in the OR, and a family centered process.
- When induction is medically necessary we have an 80-85% success rate for vaginal delivery.
- We were named the first Baby Friendly Children's hospital in the country for encouraging breastfeeding for all newborns, giving them a healthy start.
- We support and encourage breastfeeding, with inpatient and outpatient lactation services.
- We offer educational classes and physical fitness programs to prepare you for the birth of your baby.
- We offer postpartum support classes on the birthing unit to help prepare you for returning home with your baby.