"We were so excited to be having another baby, but also feared we would end up in the NICU again. And, when I was 26 weeks, they admitted me. We knew we needed to get our baby boy out in a safe manner without it being an emergency, so I gave birth to him at 30 weeks."
If your pregnancy is high-risk or you develop complications, it’s hard not to worry. Rest easy knowing you’ll receive care from maternal-fetal medicine specialists who excel at caring for moms and babies with complicated medical conditions during pregnancy and after birth.
We’re highly skilled at working with moms with health conditions that affect pregnancy. This may include women older than 35, moms with pre-existing conditions such as diabetes and high-blood pressure or lifestyle choices, such as tobacco use and more.
Why Choose Us For High-Risk Pregnancy Care
- We provide specialized care for pregnancies with health complications such as diabetes, obesity, pregnant with multiples and more.
- If your baby is high-risk, our NICU team is ready to provide specialty care immediately at birth
- If you smoke or use tobacco, our Tobacco Treatment Program can help you quit.
- As an academic medical center, on-site experts in every medical specialty are available 24/7 to care for moms and babies with serious conditions, such as congenital heart defects.
- Our high-risk doctors and nurses are specially trained to handle complicated deliveries, including the births of multiples and C-section deliveries.
We Surround You With Support
We know that a high-risk pregnancy can be overwhelming for you and your family. Our high-risk team is here to provide you with the help you need, including:
- Assistance from social workers to help you access additional support services for you and your baby
- Mental health assessments and interventions as needed
- Referrals and meetings with pediatric specialists your baby may need after birth
- Tours of the NICU for families whose babies will require intensive care after delivery
Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists
Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists are a team of doctors with different backgrounds and specialties who work together to diagnose, treat and manage complicated, high-risk pregnancies.
The Maternal Fetal Medicine Center is a family-oriented clinic where experts in obstetrics, radiology, cardiology, genetics, neonatology and more collaborate to ensure your best possible care.
Our experts also are dedicated to research to prevent premature birth, along with doctors in many pediatric specialties.