Your child's health and safety is still our top priority. Appointments are available as video visits, phone calls or in-person visits as needed, with the same safe, world-class care you expect.
Movement disorders are neurological conditions that cause abnormal physical movements, posture, or coordination. These disorders may be inherited or may be acquired by brain injury, inflammation, and other diseases.
The child neurology specialists at Loma Linda University Children’s Health have special expertise in diagnosing and treating children with a wide variety of movement disorders, often caused by rare genetic disorders. These conditions include:
- Cerebral palsy
- Paroxysmal Dyskinesia
- Psychogenic Movement Disorder
- Tourette syndrome and tics
Why Choose Us For Your Child’s Movement Disorder Care
- You can count on us for lifelong care throughout your child’s health care journey — before birth through infancy, childhood, adolescence, and into adulthood.
- We provide multidisciplinary care through the Pediatric Neurology Cerebral Palsy and Movement Disorder Center (CPMDC) for children with complex motor disorders.
- You’ll get complete diagnosis and treatment for your child with cerebral palsy, ataxia and other movement disorders. Services include onabotulinumtoxin injections, deep brain stimulation (DBS), selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR), intrathecal baclofen pumps, amongst other state of the art treatments.
Pediatric Neurology Cerebral Palsy and Movement Disorder Center (CPMDC)
The Pediatric Neurology Cerebral Palsy and Movement Disorder Center (CPMDC) offers evaluation and treatment for children with cerebral palsy and other complex motor disorders. Headed by Dr. Young-Min Kim, the center is affiliated with both Pediatric Neurosurgery under Dr. Aaron Robison and Pediatric Rehabilitation under Dr. Thaddeus Wilson. The CPMDC aims to provide multidisciplinary and comprehensive care for children and families affected by complex motor disorders.