To be able to see an attending physician take time with a grief-stricken family, pray for them, and the deep emotional impact that makes is amazing. There's an opportunity here to learn to care for patients not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually as well.
The Loma Linda University Pediatric Residency Program is dedicated to excellence in both our resident education and patient care. You’ll develop your ability to serve patients skillfully and compassionately through comprehensive training, including :
- Relevant clinical experiences.
- Pertinent and up-to-date lectures.
- Invaluable patient encounters with our diverse population.
- Our accredited program has been training expert health professionals since 1966.
- We offer residents a path to pediatric primary care through our Riverside-based Primary Care Track.
- Every year, we treat over 134,000 critically ill or injured children at our Pediatric Emergency Room.
- More than 15,000 children are admitted to our inpatient ward every year.
- We have over 250 special beds just for kids, including one of the largest NICU units in Southern California.
- Our resident-run general pediatric clinic cares for more than 20,000 underserved patients yearly.
- We are a faith-based institution promoting healing and teaching to make children whole.