"One of the most important things I considered when ranking residency programs was where I would feel most supported…LLU has people who will fiercely defend you, look out for you, be vulnerable with you, and guide you toward your goals."
Our residents — supported by expert faculty — develop their clinical decision-making skills while serving a large population of patients. Our evidence-based didactics support your clinical education and prepare you for a career as a lifelong learner. Didactics are derived from:
- Current guidelines
- Review articles
- Published reports
Despite busy clinical duties, you’re given “protected time” during didactics to focus and learn about the topic at hand. You also participate in giving didactics to learn about different teaching styles for a wide variety of learners.
- Your faculty mentor and experienced resident mentor help guide your education.
- Integrated wellness activities help you manage your workload healthily.
- Choose an elective in your field of interest and focus on preparing for your career during each year of residency.
- Provide much-needed support to underserved youth in our community.
- Experience another culture while developing useful skills on international rotations.
- Learn how to manage critically ill patients transported via ambulance and helicopter.