Your child’s heart is your top priority – and at Loma Linda University Children’s Health, it’s ours too. We offer cutting-edge technology, education, research and surgical options for our pediatric heart care patients. From diagnosis to comprehensive treatment plans, our pediatric cardiologists strive for the best possible outcomes for newborns, infants, children and adolescents with heart care needs.
Why Choose Us for Pediatric Heart Care
- You can be confident in your child’s care, knowing we’ve been a leader in pediatric cardiac programs for more than 40 years.
- If your child requires round-the-clock care, we offer a 14-bed pediatric cardiac ICU that provides state-of-the-art care for our critically ill patients.
- Should it be necessary, your child will receive unmatched transplantation experience. We pioneered infant heart transplant in 1984 and remain a global leader in the field.
- As part of our family-centered care approach, we offer a fetal congenital heart program that allows mothers and newborns to be in close proximity.
- We’re the first Inland Empire hospital accredited by the Joint Commission to provide Melody Valves to children.
Pioneering Pediatric Heart Care
Loma Linda University Health pioneered pediatric heart transplantation in 1984 and has remained a worldwide leader in pediatric cardiac programs for more than 40 years. Our surgeons have performed more infant heart transplants than anywhere else in the world, and we are renowned for our non-invasive heart care as well.
If your child needs interventional heart care, we offer the latest in non-surgical procedures and implantation.
Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
Your child will have 24/7 access to critical care specialists and the same care team from admission to discharge.
Heart Failure & Transplant
As the pioneers of infant heart transplant, our team offers innovative heart failure treatment and transplant evaluation.
Testing for arrhythmias and other heart rhythm issues is performed in a safe, compassionate environment for children.
From echocardiogram to MRI and more, we provide non-invasive tests for young heart patients from ages 0 to 18.
Your child’s pulmonary hypertension can be treated with advanced therapies by our caring, knowledgeable specialists.
A fetal echocardiogram can find heart abnormalities early, allowing for faster intervention after birth.