“Loma Linda University Children’s Health provides the perfect environment to care for children of all ages with complex heart disease and advanced heart failure. I am constantly amazed by our Cardiac Team’s strength, courage and ability to make miracles come true.”
You can trust our Pediatric Heart Failure and Transplantation (PHFAT) team to care for your child with advanced cardiac or cardiopulmonary vascular disease. Built around offering innovative treatment options — which include new surgical techniques, medications and participation in clinical trials — our program leads the way in exceptional care.
Why Choose Us for Heart Failure Care & Transplant
- Our participation in national multi-center heart failure and transplant clinical research studies gives our patients access to the most advanced treatment options available.
- Your child will be cared for by those who pioneered the first infant heart transplant in 1984, and who continue to be recognized as an international leader in the field.
- We specialize in diseases that put a child at risk for heart failure, including cardiomyopathy, complex congenital heart disease and pulmonary hypertension.
- Using advanced heart failure treatments, including novel medical therapies, mechanical circulatory support and cardiac transplantation, we treat end-stage heart failure.
- Our program is accredited by the Children’s Cardiomyopathy Foundation (CCF) and is a United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)-approved transplant institute.
- We take a family-oriented, patient-centered approach, rallying around your family as you navigate the unique challenges of caring for an ill child.
Helping your family on the journey to your child’s healthier heart means more than medical interventions. Our team will surround you with all the support you need to navigate your child’s heart care, including:
- Home environment transition services
- Financial aid
- Nutritional/dietary services
- Pharmacy/medication support
- Social services
Memberships & Accreditation
- Pediatric Advanced Heart Failure Program – Children’s Cardiomyopathy Foundation Accredited Center
- Pediatric Marfan Syndrome Cardiovascular Program – National Marfan Foundation Accredited
- United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) – Approved Transplant Institute
- Pediatric Heart Transplant Society (PHTS) – Member