“We provide the perfect environment to care for children with complex heart disease and advanced heart failure. I am constantly amazed by our team’s strength, courage and ability to make miracles come true.”
If your child has an advanced cardiac or cardiopulmonary vascular disease, you can trust our pediatric heart failure and transplantation team. Built around innovative surgical techniques, effective oral medications and trailblazing clinical trials, our program leads the way in exceptional cardiac care.
Why Choose Us for Your Child’s Heart Failure & Transplant Care
- Advanced treatments - Our participation in national, multi-center heart failure and transplant clinical research studies gives your child access to the most advanced treatment options available.
- Trusted legacy - Your child will be cared for by those who pioneered the first infant heart transplant in 1984 and are still recognized internationally as leaders in the field with excellent outcomes.
- Preventive care - We specialize in treating diseases that put a child at risk for heart failure, including cardiomyopathy, congenital heart disease and pulmonary hypertension.
- Family support - As you navigate the unique challenges of childhood cardiac illness, you’ll be supported by your child’s full care team: physicians, nurses, coordinator, social worker and pharmacist.
- Hope after heart failure - With support from medication and ventricular assistive devices (VAD), we diligently treat end-stage heart failure with these therapies while children await transplant.