“We offer the newest technology and minimally invasive therapy for any person born with congenital heart disease. This allows us to treat premature infants all the way up to adults living with congenital heart defects.”
If your child needs interventional cardiac care, the cardiologists and heart care surgeons at Loma Linda University Children’s Health are among the best in the nation. You can count on us for exceptional care, delivered with compassion. We’ll care for your child’s heart with all of ours.
Why Choose Us for Your Child's Interventional Cardiology Care
- We work to create a treatment plan that's least invasive for your child, with the goal of leaving a band-aid rather than a scar.
- Your child will benefit from our experience — we perform more than 500 cardiac catheterizations each year with excellent outcomes.
- We’re leaders in limiting your child's radiation exposure during complex procedures.
- Stent Angioplasty of Narrowed Arteries and Veins
- If your child has a complex heart problem, our cardiologists and heart surgeons will work together on a hybrid procedure, combining surgery and cardiac catheterization to achieve the best possible result.
Minimally Invasive Intervention
We use the latest surgical techniques for our pediatric patients, allowing us to close congenital birth defects, stent or balloon stenotic vessels or valves and implant new valves in the most minimally invasive way possible. One example is interventional cardiac catheterization — a non-surgical option for diagnosing and treating structural heart issues that once required open-heart surgery. By inserting a small, flexible tube into the neck or groin, we can better understand your child’s unique heart issue, and often repair structural defects or damage.
Our state-of-the-art facility gives you access to leading-edge technology and equipment — all in an environment designed especially for kids.