The Big Hearts for Little Hearts Desert Guild Chapter was founded in 2002 by a group of active leaders led by The Honorable Shirley Pettis Thompson and Jane Woolley, M.D. The heart of this chapter is firmly rooted in appreciation for the service Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital (LLUCH) provides to critically ill desert community children.
The Guild is committed to educating the public to view Children’s Hospital as THE BEST place for our valley’s children when they are sick or injured. The Guild believes that ‘our children deserve the best’!
Join Our Chapter
The Desert Guild invites you to join us in providing health, wholeness and healing for the children of our Valley. If your big heart is willing to share our passion and vision please join our Desert Guild today. Lending your time, talents, financial support and skills will bless the Little Hearts who need your healing touch. Any and all contributions are appreciated.
If you wish to contribute, please contact us today to find out how you can volunteer or click the link below to join as a donor/member.
Loma Linda University Children's Health - Indio, Jill & Barry Golden Pavilion
To support the robust growth of the Coachella Valley, we are excited to announce that our new clinic is now open in Indio. Children are able to receive specialized outpatient care at his new facility, for conditions that are prevalent in the Coachella Valley.
For more information about the Indio Clinic, contact (760) 447- 0733.
Scooter's Bottomless Bookshelf
When a child visits the new Loma Linda University Children’s Health – Indio, Jill & Barry Golden Pavilion they can visit SCOOTER’S BOTTOMLESS BOOKSHELF and pick a book of their choice from the shelf to read, take home, and start building their library! Jill has collected more than 9,300 books since September 2021.
Items Funded from the 2018-2019 Season
- Pediatric ICU
- Phillips MP-2 Transport Monitors
- ECG Machine (portable)
- Pediatric Cardiac ICU
- Ohio Infant Warmer
Items Funded from the 2020-2021 Season
- POCT hemoque machine and bilicheck disposables
- $19,000 to purchase crucial medical equipment, Indio Clinic
- $25,000 to support the new children’s hospital tower
- $100,000 to purchase 5 patient exam rooms, Indio Clinic 150 Christmas themed teddy bears
- $25,000 for the LLUCH Gala to support childhood resiliency 150 teddy bears and costumes from Build-A-Bear Workshop
- $72,000 to purchase LEGO sets for the Indio Clinic
- $7,500 to purchase and ECG/EKG machine
- $25,000 to help purchase Neuronavigator
- $75,000 to support the Indio Clinic
Upcoming Desert Guild 2021-2022 Season Events
- Cooking Demonstration, at The Reserve Club
- Tree of Hearts Campaign
- JIMMY CHOO Shopping Event
- Annual Membership Event
- Kendra Scott Shopping Event
- Cooking Demonstration, at The Madison Club
- 20 Year Celebration Event