Information for Parents
- How to get to the hospital
- Clinics, support groups, special services
- Ronald McDonald House
- What is a pediatric surgeon?
Below, we have listed some sites on the Internet that may be helpful to you in taking care of your child and better understanding his or her medical problems.
- Health Library - Our very own encyclopedia covering surgeries, procedures and tests and our A-Z Health Encyclopedia.
- Medline is a comprehensive and constantly uptated listing of almost all articles published in the medical literature. You can read abstracts of these papers on-line and obtain the whole text in the medical library if you wish.
- The National Cancer Institute offers up-to-date and reliable information for patients and physicians about the treatment of most types of cancer.
- The American Pseudo-obstruction and Hirschsprung’s Disease Society, Inc. (APHS) is a group that offers support and current information for health professionals as well as patients and parents of children with Hirschsprung's disease and other gastrointestinal motility problems.
- Detailed information about pectus excavatum and the minimally-invasive operation that has been developed to correct this chest wall deformity can be found at a site from the Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters, where the operation was developed.